April 10, 2020
Maintaining your health has never been more important
In the last week, local 和 state governments have increased their COVID response via state stay-at-home orders 和 adoption of 疾病预防控制中心 guidelines for mouth s:
- 堪萨斯 City, 密苏里州 in conjunction with other area city mayors continue to enforce the stay at home order (at least through April 24), urging any group larger than 10 people to not convene.
- Additionally, the City asks all residents 穿 cloth mask while running essential err和s.
- Further, both 堪萨斯 和 密苏里州 have issued statewide stay-at-home orders through April 24 at the very earliest.
What does this mean for you?
- Don’t delay your necessary healthcare – it is an essential service. KC CARE is providing as many behavioral health 和 medical appointments by telehealth we possibly can. Your care is important to us.
- Keep filling your prescriptions. Our pharmacy is operating under regular hours 和 here for all our patients’ medication needs.
- of misinformation: Currently, there is no FDA-approved treatment for coronavirus.
- A vaccine is beginning clinical trials but will not be widely available for at least 12-18 months.
- In some instances, doctors are treating patients for coronavirus with prescription drugs that are in the market for other diseases. DO NOT take these medications preventively 和 without the oversight of a doctor who has diagnosed you with COVID-19 和 prescribed such medications.
We continue to follow governmental guidance about social distancing, which we recognize is the best strategy for slowing the spread of COVID-19. As your healthcare provider, we think you should avoid groups of people larger than 10 – for your safety 和 the safety of others.
Resources for COVID-19 Information:
- Previous KC CARE blog posts on COVID-19
- Information from 堪萨斯 City, 密苏里州 government
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (疾病预防控制中心)
最后, 密苏里州 Department of Health 和 Senior 服务 has activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or healthcare workers needing guidance regarding COVID-19. The hotline is available 24/7, is operated by medical professionals, 和 can be reached at
We need your help to respond to the COVID-19 crisis.
Text HELPKC to 44-321 or 点击这里 to make a donation today.